1. Reverse flow – This style cooker is our specialty as we feel like we have perfected the process through much trial and error. This style cooker will have very even temps across the cooker although different grate levels may have different temps across the grates.
2. General offsets- This type cooker has the stack opposite the firebox and generally will have more hot-spots but it comes down to personal preference on what type to get.
3. General offsets with tuning plates— This style cooker has a series of plates that can be moved around to get even temps or moved to achieve hot-spot areas.
4. Grills- We build direct-cook grills and have a door system that allows you to easily clean the charcoal and keep the cooker clean
5. Coming in the near future will be Vertical cookers with a offset firebox
Why Buy a Shirley?Shirley Fabrication products are not built on any assembly line. Each project is handled as the most important project that the Company has ever done. Pride, hardwork, communication and honesty make up the foundation of this Company. Customers are not a number and are treated with the upmost respect. Shirley Fabrication will go the extra mile to ensure that we do not have one unsatisfied customer! The customer is the reason for the business and that fact is NEVER forgotten!
Some Quick Facts
Trailers- All trailers are custom built by us and will be built out of 2x3 or 2x4 11 gauge tubing, depending on cooker size. LED lightning is standard and encased in protective boxes. LED lighting is better for appearance and is maintenance free. Trailers will be equipped with 2 safety chains, a jack with foot and the wire harness encased in tubing to keep it from snagging. Your trailer will also have heavy duty custom built fenders built and designed by us.
Cookers - 24 models- Our 24 series comes with a 3/8 thick cook chamber made of 24 inch pipe. Standard fireboxes are ¼ inch thick. We do offer upgrades. Please refer to the upgrade chart for additional options. 30 Inch cookers are made from ¼ inch thick rolled plate. We do not use 3/8 thick steel due to the cost and additional weight.
Grates - All grates are made using 1x1x ¼ inch thick angle iron and ¾ # 9 wire. These grates will last forever with proper seasoning and care. All of our grates slide out and are removable for easy access to your chamber and warmer.
Warmers - All warmers are made from ¼ inch thick plate.
Handles - All handles are equipped with 6 inch cool touch springs.
Fire baskets - Slide out on a track and are built to last and are heavy duty. This makes it easier for Firebox clean out.
Doors - Cook chamber doors have standard gaskets installed. The warmer and fire box do not have gaskets.
Fire poker - We provide a standard fire poker that we fabricate with all cookers.
Fireboxes - The standard is ¼ thick but can be upgraded to 3/8 thick, ½ inch thick or insulated.
Insulated fireboxes - These boxes are fabricated from ¼ inch thick plate steel. Sandwiched in between the plates is high density 2 inch thick 2000 degree insulation that is clad with a ¼ thick plate on the outside. Doors are made from ¾ inch thick plate. Doors are not insulated nor necessary.. The bottom, side, and top of the box is insulated.
Ball vales – Standard ball valves we supply are 1-1/4 inch. You can you can upgrade to a 2 inch valve if you choose.